This articles is not intended to provide you with a deep understanding of different techniques. You will find here only an overview.
Why Techniques are Important?
There are many different techniques, which are used by managers to manage projects. They are different and applied for different processes within project management.
Examples of techniques:
- Meetings, interviews, workshops
- Critical path method (CPM)
- Gantt chart, decomposition, WBS
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Earned value analysis
- Expert surveys
This section is not intended to provide you with all information regarding techniques because this very big area of knowledge. All practices will be described within separate articles on this website.
Here are just some insights:
- WBS or Work Break Down structure is the result of project work decomposition which provides the team with a clear list of deliverables
- Gantt chart allows to see all activities to be done in order to reach project's goal in a clear way.
- Meetings is an activity which, for example, allows to get product requirements
The subject is too big to describe within one article. Additional articles will prepared.
Examples of WBS: